Grief and Loss
Loss is an unavoidable fixture of life...
...it doesn't discriminate, we all experience it. The ways we encounter loss are countless. Sometimes we lose people and relationships through death, divorce, distance. Sometimes the loses are sudden and violent, other times they occur slowly over time. Sometimes our loses are very personal, like when we lose a job, our health, or an unrealized dream. Often our losses are disenfranchised and go unacknowledged like when a child is lost due to miscarriage. Sometimes the feelings associated with loss are very simple, like when a beloved pet dies. Other times the feelings associated with the loss are very complicated, like when an abusive parent passes away.
The many facets of grief can be difficult to navigate alone. The therapists at Light the way Counseling are ready to walk with you through your grief.
We Can Help You:
- Identify and acknowledge your own experience of loss
- Learn how to respond to unhelpful and hurtful responses to your loss
- Process and move through the many, often complicated and difficult, feelings associated with loss, such as sadness, numbness, guilt, loneliness, anger, and hopelessness
- Find ways to honor the memory of a loved one who has died
- Find meaning in your loss and accept the way it has shaped your life