Everyone is different when it comes to socializing...
...which can make social anxiety extra hard for our friends and family to understand. It's important to recognize that social anxiety is not “just being shy.” Social anxiety can make the smallest social interaction massively difficult and require, what seems like, all of our energy. Even though social anxiety can be unpredictable and even debilitating, it can be overcome with consistency and persistence.
Social anxiety isn't a battle you have to fight on your own. The therapists at Light the Way Counseling are ready to help and support you.
We Can Help You:
- Gain an understanding and awareness of the problem
- Manage your anxiety by teaching you new coping techniques
- Connect with sources of support
- Change irrational thoughts and beliefs that keep you feeling anxious
- Find the hope you need to overcome social anxiety
Common Symptoms of Social Anxiety Include:
- -Persistent fear of being scrutinized and negatively evaluated by others in social situations
- Fear that you will act in a way that will be embarrassing and humiliating
- Avoidance of feared situations
- Physiological symptoms like sweating, trembling, dizziness, rapid heartbeat, and shortness of breath
- Intrusive thoughts about things that make you anxious
- Fear that others will notice that you're nervous