Depression isn't a one-size-fits-all condition...
It can take many forms. For some, depression is an immediate and debilitating problem that makes everyday tasks seem impossible. For others, depression may be a persistent low mood over a long period of time. Sometimes depression is hidden and it looks more like anger or irritability.
Regardless of what it looks like, depression can be a dark and painful journey but, it's not a journey you need to make alone.
At Light the Way Counseling, we have a team of therapists that work with people from all walks of life who suffer from depression.
We Can Help You:
- Uncover and explore life problems that might be contributing to your depression
- Reactivate your life in ways that are proven to help alleviate symptoms of depression, such as, exercise, good nutrition, and mindfulness exercises
- Overcome isolation and reconnect with sources of support
- Control your thoughts and feelings so they aren't so overwhelming
- Find your inner motivation and strength to live your life
Common Symptoms of Depression Include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness
- Irritable mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities that are normally pleasurable
- Change in weight or appetite
- Changes in sleep
- Difficulty concentrating
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness or
- Suicidal thought