Anger is a normal, sometimes helpful emotion....
Anger is often the appropriate response to the actions of others and the circumstances in which we find ourselves. Anger can motivate us to solve problems and talk about our feelings. While anger can be our ally, it has the potential to be very destructive.
Sometimes anger is a mask for emotions we find even more uncomfortable like fear or sadness. Sometimes anger leads us to do things we regret, leaving us alienated from the people we love. When left unmanaged, anger can contribute to aggression and violence. Anger may also be a problem if it's something you never experience.
If you're ready to learn how to manage and engage your anger in a healthy way, the counselors at Light the Way are ready to help you.
We Can Help You:
- Discover the root of your anger
- Identify anger triggers
- Learn healthy ways to cope with triggering situations
- Develop emotion regulation skills
- Learn relaxation techniques like mindfulness
- Uncover the emotions anger might be masking
- Learn how to communicate assertively instead of aggressively